Today I will share with you the recipe for the best okroshka on kefir. What could be tastier than a cold dish in the heat? Okroshka is just that Russian dish that hostesses of their households used to regal in antiquity. And what are we worse with you? Not all the time, borscht and hodgepodge erode. A fragrant cucumber, a lot of greens, a delicate taste of boiled sausage, a mustard of mustard - well, just a mercy. Okroshka on kefir, in contrast to the usual okroshka on whey or water, turns out to be thick, viscous and very satisfying. And to cook such an okroshka will not be difficult: but the whole family will be fed, and believe me - they will also ask for supplements.
- 250 grams of cooked sausage;
- 3 pieces of potatoes;
- 2 cucumbers;
- 150 grams of radish;
- 3 eggs;
- 500 milliliters of kefir;
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- 1 large bunch of green onion;
- 400 milliliters of water;
- 1 tablespoon of mustard;
- salt to taste.
The best okroshka on kefir. Step by step recipe
- To prepare the okroshka, the eggs should be boiled hard, with the addition of salt, so that later they are well cleaned. When the eggs are boiled, fill them with cold water and let cool completely. Cut the peeled eggs into small cubes.
- A little tip. Homemade eggs are best for okroshka. A saturated yolk will give a ready-made and infused okroshka a beautiful yellowish tint.
- Cook the potato in its jacket, cool and peel. Yes, and do not forget to salt the potatoes after it boils. Cut it, like eggs, into small cubes.
- Tip. If the potatoes are difficult to cut, occasionally dip the knife in cold water. So you can cut potatoes faster.
- We cook boiled sausage, like potatoes and eggs, into cubes. Try to make sure that all the ingredients included in the okroshka are the same size: then the dish will be much tastier. Sausage can be replaced with boiled beef or chicken. Boil the meat in advance or simply bake it under the grill, with the addition of salt. Only a meat variety should be lean, without any layers of fat. The taste of the dish will not suffer from this: such an okroshka will be even more satisfying.
- Wash the cucumbers, dry them and finely cut them into cubes, having previously cut the ponytails from them. If the skin of the cucumbers is thick, then it can be cleaned. Cut the young cucumbers along with the peel.
- Radish, like my cucumbers, cut into small pieces. For okroshka, a medium-sized radish is best suited: small is not very convenient to cut, and large can be empty and tasteless inside.
- Green onions washed and cut. Put all our products in a large pot. Mix well with a large spoon.
- To the already mixed products, add mayonnaise and mustard. Mix again and fill with kefir. Kefir for okroshka should choose medium fat: with fat-free it will not be so tasty.
- Boil water in advance, cool and add ice cubes to it. Pour our okroshka with it.
- Let’s stop okroshka again. Taste it: if necessary, add salt. Those who like sharper okroshka can increase the dose of mustard. Also, you can add greens that you love to it. For example, I like to add finely chopped fresh dill to the okroshka.
- Put the okroshka in the refrigerator for at least 1.5 hours so that it cools and becomes homogeneous. When serving, sprinkle okroshka with finely chopped herbs.
The best okroshka on kefir is ready. So you yourself saw that the recipe for this okroshka is quite simple, but its taste is simply divine. And if you noticed, in okroshka we do not add citric acid. We got it sour due to kefir. Do not forget to visit our site “I like to cook”: we have for you still a sea of delicious and untested recipes. Enjoy your meal!