Do you like to go out on weekends for picnics and cook outdoors? Then instead of the traditional field porridge, cook the Uzbek Shurpa, the best, most delicious Uzbek Shurpa. Do you think this is difficult? Ah, no. Especially for you, I have the simplest recipe for Uzbek shurpa. And, by the way, Uzbek shurpa can be cooked at home. Fragrant, smoke-soaked, incredibly delicious Uzbek shurpa is what you need for a family dinner on the weekend. Be sure to save yourself a recipe for Uzbek shurpa.
- meat - 1.5 kg (veal, beef, lamb);
- water - 3.5 liters;
- carrots - 3 pieces;
- onions - 3 pieces;
- salt to taste (approximately 2 tablespoons);
- seasoning for shurpa - 2 tablespoons;
- pepper and tomato harvesting - 2 tablespoons;
- potatoes - 1.5 kg;
- a bunch of parsley;
- a bunch of cilantro.
The best Uzbek shurpa. Step by step recipe
- Prepare the meat: rinse it and dry it so that water does not drain from it. Cut it into good portioned portions, approximately 70 grams each. Try to buy fresh young meat for the shurpa. The old will be cooked for a very long time, and the shurpa will no longer be like that. Tip: for the shurpa, the back of the meat, neck or shoulder blade is ideal. When buying meat, check with the seller what kind of meat he sells. The ideal option is female meat, then the taste of the finished dish will be much tastier and richer.
- We make a fire and put a cauldron on it, in which cold water has already been poured.
- Directly into cold water we drop pieces of chopped meat.
- While the meat is boiling over a fire, peel and cut the onions. Peel the onion into half rings.
- We clean the carrots and cut into two parts, then each part in half, to get quite large pieces.
- When the broth boils, remove the foam from it.
- In a boiling broth, drop the carrots and onions.
- Cook the broth with vegetables for 40-60 minutes, depending on the meat. If the meat is young, then it will boil much faster, if a bit old, it will take more time.
- After an hour, the broth is salted, be sure to try it to taste.
- Add seasoning for shurpa. Stir the broth. Following it, add a couple of spoons of preservation of sweet pepper and tomatoes, in the summer we take fresh vegetables. Tip: if you do not know where you have ready-made seasoning for shurpa (usually these are markets), then cook it yourself by mixing zira, coriander, suneli hops and savory. Believe me, it will be very tasty.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into two halves. Dip in the broth with meat and vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, another 20 minutes.
- Wash greens (parsley and cilantro) and finely chop with a knife. We will add it to the already prepared soup. Parsley and cilantro should not be cooked in shurpa, it is fresh, in a hot soup, they will give their flavor.
- After 20 minutes, the shurpa is ready, mix it again. You will feel ready for the aroma, which is impossible to convey in words.
Pour the hot shurpa, which has just been removed from the fire, into the bowls, sprinkle generously with herbs and serve to the table. Uzbek shurpa soup should be eaten hot, just then you will feel all notes of spices and the taste of meat soaked in the smoke of a bonfire. Well, if you do not have the opportunity to get out into the nature and you live in a multi-storey building, then cook the shurpa on the stove, it will also be delicious. Be sure to invite friends to your place for lunch - to taste the incredibly delicious Uzbek shurpa. And do not forget about our site “Very Delicious”, on it you will find the best dishes from around the world. Enjoy your meal!