For lovers of a variety of vegetable soups I propose to cook the most delicious celery puree soup. The soup is extremely tasty, original, fragrant and healthy: after all, celery is a storehouse of vitamins. This dish is prepared quickly and easily, and the delicate creamy taste will not leave anyone indifferent. Even those who do not really like first courses eat this soup with great pleasure.
- 1 celery root;
- 3 heads of garlic;
- 2 medium onions;
- 5 pieces of potatoes;
- salt to taste;
- pepper to taste;
- rosemary for decoration;
- water to cover vegetables;
- vegetable oil for frying;
- 200 milliliters of cream 10-22%.
The most delicious celery puree soup. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the onion: it must be peeled and cut into thin half rings.
- Next, you need to peel the garlic and, with a knife, just crush the garlic so as to crush it.
- When vegetables are prepared, they need to be fried. In a pot where soup will be cooked, pour vegetable oil, heat it and add onion and garlic.
- Rinse celery thoroughly with water, peel and cut into small cubes.
- When you buy celery, you need to look at the fact that the vegetable is solid, poured, weighty, has a uniform color, without dry areas. If you knock on it, the sound will be deaf, and if the sound is sonorous, then it is empty inside. Celery has a rich smell.
- Tip. It is better to store celery in a dry, dark, cool place (from zero to two degrees), it is also possible in the refrigerator, but not more than two weeks: otherwise it will lose its useful properties.
- Add chopped celery to the pan with onions and garlic. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- We turn to the preparation of potatoes: they need to be peeled, washed and cut into slices.
- Add chopped potatoes to vegetables in a pan and add water so that it covers the vegetables. We also add cream to the vegetables, mix everything well and cover. You need to boil all the ingredients for about twenty minutes.
- After twenty minutes have passed, you need to check the vegetables for readiness: for this you need to pierce them with a knife.
- When the vegetables are ready, you need to use a blender to beat them until smooth. If the whipped mass is very thick, then you can add water or cream and bring to a liquidy, soup consistency.
- To a homogeneous mass add salt and black pepper to taste, mix. If you added water or cream a second time, then the soup must be brought to a boil. Cream soup is ready.
- If you like to use spices, you can add basil, thyme, coriander or paprika. You can add one kind of spices, or you can combine tastes.
- We proceed to decorate the soup before serving. To do this, use a sprig of rosemary and celery, cut into small slices.
- Pour vegetable oil on a hot pan, put rosemary and celery. Fry celery until golden brown. Put celery with rosemary on a paper towel and sprinkle a little with coarse salt, mix.
- Mashed soup can be garnished with golden celery chips with rosemary.
- I also really like making carrot chips for this soup. To do this, peel the carrots, grate on a shredder (can be cut into thin circles), add salt, black pepper, spices and sprinkle with olive oil a little. I cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and put it in the oven preheated by 100-120 degrees for about an hour. Chips need to be turned periodically. The baking time of the chips depends on the thickness of the carrots. Bake until carrots are dry and crispy.
You can decorate celery soup puree based on your preferences and culinary fantasies: you can add greens, fried bacon, croutons or crackers. The soup is very tasty and tender. On the site “Very tasty” you can find other delicious recipes for the first courses.