Dear friends, I want to share with you the secret of cooking the most delicious rich home-made soup. Thanks to this recipe, the ear is very aromatic and tasty, with the smell of a fire. Remember the taste of fish soup cooked in a forest at the stake? I didn’t eat any tastier soup! So, now you have a great opportunity to have a real picnic in your kitchen: and cook home-made ear with me.
- fish (salmon head) - 1 piece;
- sea bass (without head) - 1 carcass;
- parsley - 1 bunch;
- dill - 1 bunch;
- green onions - 1 bunch;
- onions (average size) - 2 - 3 pieces;
- potatoes (average size) - 5-6 pieces;
- fresh tomatoes - 3 pieces;
- bay leaf - 3 to 4 pieces;
- allspice (peas) - to taste;
- ground white pepper - to taste;
The most delicious ear. Step by step recipe
- Pour water into a large pot (about half its volume) and throw our fish there.
- Tip: to make the ear very tasty and rich, I recommend cooking it from the fish’s head. And the head of salmon is also very fleshy and tasty, so the ear from it is excellent.
- Fish must first be prepared. Thoroughly clean the head from the remnants of the scales, rinse well under running water and remove the gills. If the gills are not removed, the broth will turn cloudy and will be bitter. A small carcass of sea bass (without a head) is also cleaned from scales, washed well (especially inside) and cut into pieces.
- We put thick stems of greens (dill and parsley) in the pan, cover with a lid and let it boil.
- When the fish is boiled a little, remove the pan from the fire and take out the fish head and green stalks on a separate plate. We leave only fragrant fish broth with pieces of perch.
- Peel the onions from the husks, cut into large enough (6 - 8 parts) and fry in an absolutely dry skillet until browning. (We simulate frying at the stake).
- We put the pot with fish broth on the fire, and put the peeled and chopped potatoes.
- Then we send the onion to the pan.
- Also in a dry frying pan we fry spices: bay leaves and allspice peas (several peas). When the leaves and peas of pepper darken, we send them to the pot with the ear.
- Add white ground pepper to your taste. But the more common black pepper powder is also great.
- We continue to cook our homemade ear until the potatoes are ready. When the potatoes become soft, then we can assume that the ear is almost ready.
- Now in a dry pan we fry coarsely chopped fresh tomatoes until browning. Tomatoes must be thrown at the end of cooking so that they retain their shape and bright taste (this is what I like most in this recipe for fish soup). If the tomatoes are digested, they will boil and lose their fresh taste and color.
- Ready tomatoes are sent to the pan.
- We cover the pan with a rich ear, tomatoes and potatoes lid.
- Turn off the fire and leave to brew for 10 -15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the greens.
- Chop finely chopped green onions, parsley and dill leaves.
- We do not throw chopped greens into the pan, but put them in a plate with the ear in portions. Thus, she will not lose her bright color and magnificent aroma.
- If you have meat in the fish head (as in my case), then we clear it of bones and put it in plates with an ear.
- Pour delicious fish soup with potatoes and tomatoes into the serving plates, sprinkle with chopped herbs and serve.
It turns out very tasty if the soup is served hot: with fresh bread or pita bread. It turns out rich, fragrant and bright. Slices of fish in a light broth with vegetables, a thin note of haze - an overeating. Be sure to cook the soup with potatoes and tomatoes in your kitchen. The team of the site “Very tasty” wishes you a pleasant appetite.