When I was on vacation, I tried an unusual Turkish soup with cucumbers, which was served in bowls for meat dishes. This soup was cold, with a refreshing taste of cucumber and mint, an interesting shade of garlic. It is somewhat reminiscent of our okroshka: it is prepared on a fermented milk product with fresh vegetables. Such a soup is very good in the summer: it helps to quench thirst immediately and saturates well.
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- cucumbers - 2 pieces (large sizes);
- classic yogurt - 100 -150 milliliters;
- parsley - to taste;
- fresh mint to taste;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- ground black pepper - to taste
- water - 400-500 milliliters.
Unusual turkish soup with cucumbers. Step by step recipe
- We rub the washed cucumbers together with the skin on a grater with large holes.
- Rub the garlic on a fine grater (it can also be chopped with a knife). But it is not advisable to use a press.
- Finely chopped washed parsley and mint greens with a knife.
- Tip. Parsley should be chosen with young stems, because they are softer and more tender. You can’t put greens in this Turkish yoghurt soup, but in my opinion it’s tastier.
- We shift yogurt into grated cucumbers. Salt to taste, season with a little black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Pour Turkish soup with cucumbers with cold water. Mix and remove in the cold to insist.
- Tip. I use boiled chilled water.
- Served in Turkish soup, cooked at home, poured in bowls, sprinkled with herbs. They eat it with fried or baked meat and meatballs.
- There is a similar recipe for cold soup in our kitchen, it is prepared on the basis of sour-milk whey. For such a soup you need to boil two tubers of potatoes in a "uniform". Cool and peel, cut into small cubes.
- Hard boil three eggs, peel and also cut into cubes.
- Boiled meat: either beef, or chicken or turkey meat - cut into cubes or tear into small pieces.
- Fresh cucumber for our soup needs to be cut into cubes. If you prepare cold soup in early spring, you must first soak fresh vegetables in cold water to get rid of nitrates. You can peel.
- Young radish, half a bunch, cut into half circles. Mix all the components and fill with cold serum: control the amount yourself, as you like - the main thing is not to be too thick. After all, it's still a soup.
- We season cold soup with fresh cucumbers with three tablespoons of sour cream, salt and pepper to taste. You can also season with aromatic herbs to taste. The soup needs to be mixed, allowed to infuse for about half an hour and portioned into pialas. Abundantly chop on top with freshly chopped greens.
Cold soups are especially good to cook in the hot season: they refresh and tone. Many cuisines of the world have their first dishes, which are served chilled. We have it okroshka, in Spain - gazpacho, in Turkey - dzhadzhik. Visit the website “I love to cook”: and you will learn recipes for making many cold soups.